Just like human beings, cats can be scared at times. I vividly remember sometime last year when my feline friend was scared of actually everything. It was a tough and challenging time for us. But why is my cat scared all of a sudden? This is a strange behavior in cats, and you must confront her to tell you why she is scared all of a sudden. Just be careful about how to approach her.
Could she be sick? Is it normal? These are some of the questions that I kept asking myself throughout the period when she exhibited this behavior. You might be experiencing the same thing at home with your cat. You realize that she is not comfortable and she keeps hiding from you.
The look on her face is like she sees some ghosts in the house. You are no ghost remember, and there is nothing close to that in your neighborhood. Is it a treatable condition? What are the causes? Look, you are in the right place. This article has it all.
Why is my cat scared all of a sudden? What can cause this?
Cats, just like us, can get scared as a result of anxiety and stress. You are aware of what stress can cause in the life of a human being. Can you imagine how it is going to affect this small friend of yours if not handled appropriately?
The ideal way to treat any condition is through prevention. You probably cannot prevent something that you do know its origin. It is therefore important that we know what causes the sudden scares in cats.
The causes of stress in a cat can be categorized in three different ways as below:
- Emotional Causes-Boredom as a result of being lonely, previous negative experiences, if you are ever shouting at her then she will be scared at your presence and after losing her partner either through death or being taken away among others.
- Physical Causes-Allergies, illness, malnourishment, obesity, injuries and parasite infestation for example worms and fleas among others.
- Environmental Causes-Environmental changes such as moving to a new house or new decorations, noises from the environs, having a new pet at home hence making her jealous and being confined for long hours among others.
Are there some signs to show that your cat will be scared soon?
Why is my cat scared all of a sudden? Have you ever bothered to know how to tell if your cat is undergoing some problems? Sometimes it is difficult to notice when your cat is stressed, especially if you are new to the world of cats.
How can I know when my cat is scared? Why is my cat scared all of a sudden in the first place? Are there physical signs that can be observed literally by even the amateurs in the world of cats?
Here are a few things I was able to notice during the period when my cat was scared. They can be of help to you as well. Let me help a brother or a sister here.
- Defecation and urination anywhere in the house. How annoying can this be? Can you imagine you coming back home from work and the first thing you find is your feline friend’s poop right at the door? Although this can be associated with other infections, it can also be as a result of being scared.
- No grooming and at times excessive grooming might be as a result of the cat being scared. Your friend will be spending hours licking her body. When she does it till she develops bald patches and sores at times, know that she is under a lot of stress. Nothing is as annoying as hair drop. I personally do not like how my head looks like.
Are there products that can be used when the cat is stressed?
Why is my cat scared all of a sudden? Is it something that happens so often? And if it is likely to happen again, is there any product I can look for to help my cat? These are some of the tough questions you might ask yourself. I surely did as well. I can relate.
The best news is that there are actually products on the market that can help you control this situation. The Comfort Zone Feliway Diffuser is one product that is known to mimic the cat’s pheromone and therefore helps in calming her down.
This drug-free and odorless product will convince your cat about the safety and friendliness of an area. She will, therefore, have nothing to worry about. With such confidence, she will have automatically minimized on stress-related issues that might leave her scared. By now you should have known that a stressed cat is a scared one.
Another important product that will be of great help is the Bentley’s 4Paws PET. It helps relax your cat from anxiety that might result from loud noises in the environment. You do not have to move around to physically stop all the undergoing activities in the neighborhood because of the cat. Save yourself from such by giving her this product.
How do you administer these products to the cat?
These two products are tasty. You know how cats are always so picky even about what is actually meant to help her. Of course, she does not know that. If she is the picky kind, then you can add any of them to her food. She will have taken it without knowing. Otherwise, you can give it directly into her mouth.
You can always resort to any of them when you suspect your little friend is scared or just as a precautionary measure when there are changes you have to make at home. Do not fear to upgrade to a better home just because of a cat. You can’t be enslaved by a cat! Do not make her a slave as well.
Have you tried any of these products and the cat still appears scared? Why is my cat scared all of a sudden even though everything seems fine? Why does this condition keep on recurring? These are some of the many questions without answers you can ask yourself under such circumstances.I can advise you to seek help from a veterinarian if it gets to such. It might be as a result of some medical conditions. The veterinarian will be in a position to help you get rid of this thing that keeps scaring your cat once and for all.
Why is my cat scared all of a sudden? This is a very important question that if not properly handled can lead to serious complications for your cat. It can, however, be prevented by simply making the cat feel comfortable at home.